Less than 30 minutes prep + bake time. We modified a vegan recipe* for what's in the fridge.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add butter and combine with a fork. The mixture should start to form small crumbles.
3. In a second mixing bowl whisk milk, If & When and vanilla extract. Heat it to slightly warmer than room temperature.
4. Make a well in the dry mix and slowly pour in the liquid while mixing with a fork. Add lavender. Fold the dough a few times - it should be soft and sticky.
5. When the mixture is well combined dust working surface with flour.Pat the dough flat then cut out scones with an upside-down glass. Dip the edges of the cutter in flour before cutting the dough; place scones on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Brush the tops of the scones with egg wash.
7. Pop the tray in the oven and bake the scones for 12 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden brown.